Monday, December 11, 2006

Undone Worshipper (Chapter 2)

Read Isaiah 6.

In the presence of a holy God, Isaiah sees how sinful he is, and falls to his face in worship to God. This was right after Isaiah spoke judgment to Israel in chapter 5. He realized because of his sin that he was in their boat, so to speak.

There have been many times that while I was worshipping God, I became undone because the Holy Spirit revealed the Holiness of God, thus revealing my sinful nature in comparison. When this happens, I must be quick to embrace the work of the Holy Spirit by bowing down low, and worshipping the King of kings on a deeper level. Often this involves me checking my own heart, and repenting from gross sin. God doesn't need our talents or gifts. He asks us for those things because for some mysterious reason, He loves to include us in his plans. What is of ultimate importance to God is our adoration and intimacy with Him.

No comments: